The importance of identifying emotional causes
Sometimes there come days when you don't want to go to the gym and eat healthy food. The secret to inexhaustible motivation is not only to have goals, but also to know "why you are doing this" and "why you want to achieve this goal."
Nietzsche said: "If you have a solid why, then you will overcome any how."
Determining the reason why you want to achieve a particular goal adds motivation to your actions.
Sometimes people want to prove something to someone. For some, a good figure is essential for a wedding or vacation. Some just want to be popular with the opposite sex. For some, this is a matter of life and death, and if they do not follow the instructions of the doctor and do not lose 25 kg over the next 6 months, they may die.
Once you've set your goals for specific weight, body fat percentage, etc., rewrite those goals with as much emotion as you can. Specifically, answer two questions:
- What is important to me in achieving my goals?
- Why is this important to me?
Here are additional questions you must ask yourself in order to create a mental boost:
Who do I want to be like?
- Whose body is my ideal?
- Do I want to look like a superstar, fashion model, or fitness model?
- Do I want to impress someone?
- What do I want to prove?
- Do I want to win a competition or get an award?
- Do I want to feel more confident?
- Do I want to look perfect in any suit?
- Do I want to look chic for an event?
- Do I want to look stunning on the beach?
- Do I want to attract the attention of people around me?
The answers to these questions will help you recharge with extra energy to achieve your goals.