Table of contents:
Video: Weight Loss Diary To Help
2023 Author: Lucy Dunce | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:49
Weight loss diary to help
So, keeping a weight loss diary, or, in other words, a food diary is an effective tool for those who wish to keep their weight in the norm. Such a diary is a great motivation for a healthy lifestyle.
How to start keeping a weight loss diary?
Your journal and keeping it should make you feel good. Therefore, get the most beautiful notebook or notebook. In a weight loss diary, you need to write down what was eaten during the day every day.
You must be clear about your goal in order to record your progress. This will motivate you to follow through on what you started.
At the beginning of the diary, we recommend that you describe your parameters:
- the goals that you set for yourself.
For example, your goal is to lose 5 kg, get rid of cellulite, pump up your tummy, etc.
To make the changes more clearly visible, you sometimes need to paste photos into the diary, so over time the diary will turn into a photo album, which you can proudly show later to your friends. An interesting feature of a weight loss diary is that you can keep both a real diary written on paper or in Excel, and a virtual one, for example, on our website Calorizator.ru.
Ways to keep a food diary
It is necessary to fill out a weight loss diary daily. You need to enter into it your current weight as of the morning, all the foods eaten, as well as physical activity. This is done in order to analyze how much you moved, whether it is enough to achieve the desired goals.
There are two ways to keep a journal:
- Record all meals, including snacks, in fact or
- plan your diet in the evening.
Each method has its own pros and cons. By writing down in fact, you will be able to control the daily calorie content and bju, but you run the risk of incorrectly assessing the calorie content of this or that dish, and go overboard. Planning your diet in the evening will help avoid such troubles, but you will have to strictly follow your plan, showing resistance to temptations. Choose which method is more convenient for you.
Important rules for journaling
An important rule of thumb when completing such a food diary is, of course, honesty. With the help of such a record of consumed foods per day, you will eat much less. After all, having recorded a pack of cakes that you ate in splendid isolation, and then also the weight gain that appeared in the morning, you will most likely bypass the pastry department another time.
It will be good if you make a habit in your diary to indicate the reason for using the product, for example: you really wanted to eat, wanted to eat, or just ate out of boredom. After a while, you will see how often you eat not because of hunger. For example, daily tea drinking at work for the company with employees, with sweets, cake, cookies …
What is the use of a food diary?
Often we do not attach importance, and sometimes we even forget about those products that we grabbed on the go in order to have a snack or chew from having nothing to do. For these snacks, we often use sweets, chocolates, sandwiches, fast food, and more. It seems that there is nothing wrong with this, but if you have a habit of such snacks, you just need to keep a weight loss diary.
Starting to keep a diary, you may be very surprised at previously unnoticed snack-food snacks. Thanks to the diary, no product should go unnoticed. Any changes, positive or negative, you can easily track by looking in your diary, and with their help you can correct your diet. Therefore, it is difficult to overestimate the benefits of a food diary.
Above all, keeping a food diary is fun and very rewarding. Many of us think that everything is fine with their memory, that they remember everything that was eaten during the day. Well, a bottle of Coca-Cola with a small chocolate bar can be ignored, this is a trifle. It is useless to make excuses when the foods you ate during the day are clearly written down in your diary.
Mistakes when keeping a weight loss diary
Many people keep a weight loss diary incorrectly, which is why they do not get the result they expect. The most common mistakes are irregularity, incorrect labeling of products, determination of portions by eye and lack of conclusions.
- Irregularity - You can evaluate the benefits of a diary over a long period of time. It is impossible to understand your eating behavior in one day, to see and correct nutritional mistakes. To adjust your diet, you need to take notes every day for at least two weeks.
- Incorrect labeling of foods is a common mistake among those who keep an online diary when they enter a prepared dish, it is unknown when and by whom, in their diet. The calorie counters list the standard recipe options, but you never know for sure which ingredients and how much the author used. Similarly cooked cereals, meat and fish dishes, vegetables. During the cooking process, all products change their volume and it is impossible to coincide with the unknown author of the recipe. Therefore, for accurate calculations, use the Recipe Analyzer and compose your dish base or take into account the initial weight of raw and bulk products.
- The definition of a portion by eye is never accurate. Fat people tend to underestimate the amount of food they eat. Yes and no built-in scales in the human body that would allow determining the real weight of the product. In order not to be fooled, it is better to buy a kitchen scale.
- Lack of conclusions is the cause of most failures. If you see that the cake makes you go beyond calories, then why buy it over and over again?
After a short period of time, for example, once a week, carefully review your records, analyze the benefits and harms of those foods that have entered your diet in a week, evaluate their effect on your weight and health.
Convenience of an electronic food diary
The site has a Personal Account, in which it is very convenient to keep a food diary. You can not only count calories and plan your diet, but also track the results using tables and charts.
Thanks to such a diary, it will be clearly seen how the process of your weight loss is going on, whether you are approaching your ideal weight or moving away. Rejoice in achievements, analyze failures, especially since all the data is always at hand, and you do not need to remember what and when you ate.
Believe me, as soon as you start keeping your diary, you will understand how interesting, useful and convenient habit it is. Thanks to such a diary, you can easily control your diet and make your dreams of health and a slim figure come true.
Author: Zhanna Sh. (Specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.