Table of contents:
Hardening is a long and, importantly, continuous process. You cannot harden for 1 month, skip 2 and enter cold water as if nothing had happened. Such jokes are dangerous to health. And once again you do not need to test yourself. There are a lot of positive reviews about the incredible sensations after plunging into the ice hole. But luck doesn't mean law.
What is hardening
Hardening is not only ice swimming and dousing with ice water. Hardening includes:
Being in the fresh air.
- Walking barefoot.
- Sunburn. Please do not confuse with burnout and chocolate tan, it is very harmful. And half an hour in the sun is very useful.
- Drying off with a wet towel.
- Cold and hot shower.
- Dousing with cold water.
To achieve a real hardened organism, it would be ideal to combine all the hardening factors.
Where to start hardening
It is necessary to start hardening with warm water!
- Cold and hot shower. Everyone knows about the benefits of alternating warm and cold water. At the beginning of hardening, the difference between the water temperature should be 1-20 ° C. And when the body is stronger, you can increase this difference by another 1-20 ° C. It is necessary to finish the procedure with cold water and rubbing.
- Walking barefoot. Remove all slippers and socks at home and go barefoot. Just be careful, during the period when the heating is turned off, you should not risk walking on icy floors.
- The premises must be ventilated. There should always be fresh air at home. Even if it's cold, you need to open the window for a few minutes.
When the body is accustomed to water, room and lower temperatures, you can lower the degree and increase the time spent in cool water. The ideal option would be a river or lake. Dip into river water 2-3 times a week, and the rest of the time, continue home hardening.
What is the difference between river water and home water? After all, at home you can walk to completely cold water. An abundance of factors. For example, in a river or lake, the degree of water may not differ from tap water, but the air and wind when leaving it do their job.
How to temper in autumn and winter
In hardening, the most important thing is to continue and not quit. Yes, even in autumn, if you:
observe daily home hardening;
- steadily plunge into a river or lake 2-3 times a week;
- and at the same time you feel good.
Only in this case the river water will not be very cold and dangerous for you in autumn.
If you have the ability and desire to continue hardening in winter, continue. But be very attentive to how you feel. You don't have to be a walrus to be hardened. Continue to temper at home, go to the pool. A bath is a good option.
And be careful with the Orthodox holiday of Epiphany. You can not expose yourself to a rash act. If the temperature outside is -40, it is better to be careful and replace the ice hole with pouring cold water from the shower.
Ideally, to temper with very cold water, you need to be a perfectly healthy person.
- Always listen to your body. If you feel unwell and in poor health, quit immediately.
- Consistency is most important. Neither the temperature difference, nor the duration of stay in cold water, namely constancy. Only through consistency can you achieve your goal.
Temper and be healthy
Author: Savosya. Especially for Calorizator.ru
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.