How to change your diet?
There are diets on which you will not feel hungry at all. Some diets allow you to consume certain foods in any quantity, and even at any time of the day (such as the Kim Protasov Diet). However, this diet will not be convenient for everyone. Moreover, scientists have proven that losing weight are more likely to hold out on a long-term diet, which includes their favorite foods.
After all, what is a diet? It's pretty simple.
What is diet?
Nutritionists call diet adherence. You need to observe simple proportions and frequency of food intake. That's all.
Let's try to apply this knowledge in practice. To change the proportions of food from the usual to the correct, you must:
reduce the amount of fat;
- increase protein intake;
- consume complex carbohydrates.
- fats - 20-30%;
- carbohydrates - 40-50%.
- for men: weight (in pounds) x 15 or weight (in kilograms) x 33.1.
This is not difficult to do. All you need to do is cut back on portions and choose whole, unprocessed foods. For example, give up sausages in favor of lean chicken. Replace salted fish with fresh fish, learn how to cook it deliciously. Reduce the portion of the side dish and choose for it such healthy cereals as buckwheat, oatmeal, brown rice, durum pasta. Replace all store-bought sauces with homemade yogurt, sour cream, or tomato paste. On our site you will find many recipes for delicious dietary meals that will make your transition to a new diet more comfortable.
How to calculate BJU and balance nutrition?
A balanced diet is a diet in which your body gets a sufficient amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates in the correct ratio.
Focus on the following percentages in the ratio of protein, fat and carbohydrates.
proteins - 20-30%;
How many calories does it take to manipulate weight? Let's look at a simple counting technique. Let's first determine how many calories are needed to maintain today's weight. This must be done using the following formula:
for women: weight (in pounds) x 14 or weight (in kilograms) x 30.9;
(1 lb = 0.453 kg).
The resulting figure will show you the approximate number of calories you need to maintain your weight. This is the calorie on which you do not lose weight and do not gain weight. If your goal is to lose weight, you should reduce this figure by 10%. There are other formulas for calculating calories for ideal and current weight. You can automatically calculate it on the website in the "Body Analyzer" section of the "Daily requirement" tab.
What should be the diet for weight loss?
The correct diet can consist of 3-4 meals or 5-6 meals. This refers to all meals, including snacks. The most important thing is not to eat more calories than you need to lose weight and maintain the balance of BJU. If you chose six meals a day, then break the total calorie content into 6 parts. You can make breakfast, lunch, and dinner larger and turn other meals into light snacks.
You can pre-calculate the ideal diet in your Personal Account. A few tips:
- Eat a serving of protein with every major meal and at the last snack;
- Eat carbohydrates in the active half of the day;
- Stop frying in oil and add some oil to the salad.
Protein control should be scheduled for the time after training. After the end of physical activity for 60-120 minutes, the “protein window” is open in the body. That is why timely protein intake is a powerful stimulant of anabolism. It will go to rebuild your muscles.
In this case, you do not need to be afraid to gain muscle mass. This will not happen in huge quantities. Your body will become firmer. Keep in mind that muscle is much easier to burn than fat, you can always get rid of it. Try to eat only complex carbohydrates on days when you are off workout.
Where should you start to compose your diet?
You need to train your body to eat within the amount of calories you need. Since you are now choosing real food over convenience foods and other high-calorie foods, the portions may seem large to you. If you used to sit at the table three times a day, and then grab a bite between meals, arrange a full second breakfast, as well as two snacks with something protein. Do one of these after your workout.
If you are just getting used to physical activity, they are new to you, then simultaneously during the first 2-3 weeks of training, try to gradually abandon unhealthy foods: fatty foods, confectionery, animal fats, rolls and white bread, as well as any carbonated drinks. Also exclude sausages, smoked meats, semi-finished products, canned food from your diet.
Try to eat complex carbohydrates, animal proteins. Do not overuse food additives in your diet. The basic calorie content is best obtained from natural products.
Approximate diet for weight loss
Your sample diet should look like this:
1st reception - breakfast: 1 portion of proteins, complex carbohydrates (for example, two eggs and buckwheat porridge).
- Meal 2 - second breakfast: focus on protein (for example, low-fat cottage cheese with sweetener and berries).
- Meal 3 - lunch: complex carbohydrates and proteins (for example, durum wheat pasta, chicken breast and a salad of fresh vegetables and herbs with a spoonful of oil). Let's say you have a workout here.
- 4th intake - afternoon snack: in the period 60-120 minutes after training there should be a "shock" intake of proteins, immediately after training, the body also needs a little carbohydrates (for example, chicken breast and vegetables, or you can drink a portion of protein and eat fruit, for example, apple or orange).
- Meal 5 - Dinner: 1 serving of protein food, moderate in complex carbohydrates (for example, baked fish and vegetable stew without potatoes).
- 6th reception - the second dinner: 1 portion of protein, exclude carbohydrates and fat (this can be egg white, chicken, fish, low-fat cottage cheese, etc.).
To summarize, how do you change your diet?
You need to start doing all this right now, because tomorrow may never come. So:
- Calculate your baseline calorie intake, reduce it by 10%.
- Break calories down into a convenient number of meals.
- Stop eating sugar altogether. As a last resort, use a sweetener or stevia, but as a stepping stone to avoiding sugar altogether.
- Do whatever exercise you like. If you love cardio, keep in mind that fat will begin to burn only after 40 minutes of low-intensity workouts, if you like physically hard work, focus on strength or high-intensity interval training.
You may not be able to do everything right away, but strive for the ideal BJU, do not go beyond the calorie content, plan meals in advance, and also try to move more.
Author: Zhanna Sh. (Specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.