How to lose weight in 4 minutes? Tabata will help
Not so long ago, there was a very interesting study. It showed that those people who exercise for 4 minutes a day according to a special program lose weight 9 times faster than those who exercise for 45 minutes.
Let's look at how to do to lose weight? What is a special program that helps you lose weight in just 4 minutes a day?
It's called the Tabata Protocol.
The Tabata Protocol is an internationally renowned high-intensity interval training. The Tabata workout, or in other words the Tabata protocol, was proposed by Dr. Izumi Tabata and a team of researchers at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo. They found that this type of workout gave much better results compared to regular aerobic exercise. The Tabata workout builds muscle endurance in 4 minutes, just like a normal 45 minute cardio session.
Just imagine, ONLY 4 minutes a day and 9 times MORE EFFECTIVE. Why is this happening?
The secret to training is that it is a high intensity interval training session. That is, the exercises are performed at the fastest possible pace for 20 seconds, followed by a 10-second rest pause. And so it is repeated 7-8 times.
The entire effect of these exercises occurs after training. It was found that within 3-4 days after this, the metabolism of a person is accelerated, which indicates that these days the body continues to lose weight.
Below is the Tabata protocol.
Sprint phase - 20 seconds
Rest phase - 10 seconds
Repetitions - 7-8 times.
A special timer will help in interval charging. For example, such
Various exercises are suitable for the Tabata protocol - squats, push-ups, exercises with weights. The main thing is to participate in the exercise of large muscle groups for greater effect. As an example, you can do the following exercises (alternate them daily):
- lifting bent legs;
- push-ups with kneeling;
- lifting the pelvis up and down;
- exercises for the press.
Small but extremely important tips.
1. Correct breathing will help to enhance the effectiveness of the exercises: inhalation through the nose, exhalation through the mouth. One inhalation / exhalation for one squat (push-up, etc.). If this is, for example, push-ups, then when we press from the floor, then we exhale, and when to the floor, we inhale. That is, we inhale when we relax the body and exhale when it is tense. The frequency of inhalation / exhalation is highly desirable to be equal to the number of push-ups, squats, press. This is very important, if you do not do this, you can plant the heart.
2. Before performing Tabata, it is necessary to ventilate the room, do not eat anything an hour or an hour and a half before it starts, and do a little warm-up.
3. In order to track your progress, you need to count the number of exercises done and write them down in your workout notebook. For example, you do a round of exercises and count how many times you did it, during 10 seconds of rest, write down the results, etc.
4. After the end of the workout, do not sit down to rest immediately, but walk a little, catch your breath, do the so-called hitch.
The advantage of the Tabata protocol is that they do not need to be engaged every day - this is a high-intensity load, respectively, the body needs 2-3 days to recover. Therefore, do NOT more often than 2 times a week ! The Tabata Exercise System is very effective. Therefore, if you practice it regularly, then in a couple of months you will see the result.
And remember that contraindications for the Tabata system are: heart failure, atherosclerosis.
Author: Aniri G. (specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.