Table of contents:
Video: How To Burn Subcutaneous Fat?
2023 Author: Lucy Dunce | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:49
How to Burn Subcutaneous Fat?
To lose weight through subcutaneous fat, rather than water and muscle, you need to eat and exercise properly. It is important to understand that fat burning is a long-term process that requires discipline and consistency. And no matter how much we want to lose weight quickly, we will not be able to deceive the body, and harm ourselves is easy. So let's burn subcutaneous fat in the mind!
The most common mistake of losing weight
Many make the first and very important mistake in nutrition - they greatly reduce their diet and switch to low-calorie meals of 500-1000 kilocalories. At the same time, they still manage to carry out fasting fasting days.
In order to start burning fat, it is enough to cut your usual diet by 300 kcal and add physical activity. But we want to lose weight faster and we cut the diet by 500-1000 kilocalories. As you know, 0.5 kg of fat = 3500 kcal. According to the laws of thermodynamics, if you consume 500 calories less than you need every day for a week, then theoretically you should lose 0.5 kg of fat at the end of the week. Double this amount and you will lose 1 kg. But nutritionists have long known that this approach does not work and that such a fat burning program is only disappointing.
Research has shown that as soon as food enters the biological system of the human body, additional factors come into play. Therefore, everything cannot be reduced to a simple calculation of the number of calories spent, which disappeared along with 0.5 kg of fat.
Dr. Benardot from the University of Georgia tested two groups of gymnasts and runners. One group followed a diet that included 500 fewer calories than was required to maintain the required weight, and the other - 300. The results were stunning. The group that consumed 300 fewer calories had a lower percentage of body fat than the first group, which actually ate less food. His conclusion was that when a person consumes too few calories, energy expenditure at rest slows down.
How many calories should be cut in the diet?
In fact, ideal for women who want to burn the maximum amount of fat in the shortest possible time, he considers a deficit of 300 calories.
So forget about a low-calorie diet. When you cut your diet by 300 (for women) or 400 (for men) calories, you can keep your metabolic rate high enough to continue burning fat at a rapid pace. In addition, you need enough energy to handle the strenuous physical activity and still feel good.
Nutrition Tips for Burning Fat
So, here are some tips for proper nutrition to burn subcutaneous fat and maintain muscle mass:
- Do not reduce your caloric intake by more than 15% and do not starve.
- Choose a convenient number of meals, but try not to allow long breaks between meals so as not to provoke overeating.
- Drink at least 2 liters of plain water a day, in small portions throughout the day.
- Eat complex carbohydrates and fiber instead of simple carbohydrates and sugars, and be sure to eat at least 1 to 2 grams of protein per kg of body weight daily.
- Be sure to have breakfast, because the first meal sets the tone for the whole day. In addition, breakfast reduces the risk of overeating during the day.
- Take vitamins and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids daily.
- For weight loss, it is important to sleep at least 7 hours a day.
That is, proper nutrition is the most important aspect of fat burning. In addition, along with proper nutrition, it is important to carry out the correct workouts aimed at burning subcutaneous fat and increasing muscle mass.
Physical activity to burn subcutaneous fat
Physical activity is important for losing weight, but exercise will not help you lose weight if your diet is poor. Moreover, exercise alone will not be enough to burn fat. It is necessary to move even more in everyday life.
Thus, the components of physical activity for fat burning will be:
anaerobic exercise to prevent muscle loss;
- aerobic training to improve aerobic endurance and fat burning;
- household activity to increase calorie expenditure.
A series of exercises on simulators, with dumbbells and with a barbell or with a kettlebell, for which the body takes energy from working muscles without the participation of oxygen. This is the well-known strength training in the gym, where, after completing a set, you rest, and then return to the exercise.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), adults should do moderate-intensity strength training at least twice a week.
It is optimal to carry out 3-4 workouts per week. Beginners can start with two workouts and increase the number as they get more training.
Such workouts can be performed on cardiovascular equipment or with your own body weight. Aerobics includes running, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing, and a number of group activities.
According to the WHO, adults need to do 300 minutes of aerobic exercise per week. And according to the American College of Sports Medicine, weight loss requires 225 to 420 minutes of aerobics per week. The minimum amount of cardio per week is 150 minutes.
Aerobic training can be done after strength training - 20-30 minutes, and on a separate day - 40-60 minutes.
This is the activity that will allow you to spend more calories - walking, housework, abandoning the elevator in favor of the steps, walking the dog. People who are sedentary will benefit immensely from short 10-minute breaks for simple exercise during the day.
Fat Burning Workout Tips
- Do strength exercises 3 times a week;
- Work out the muscles of the whole body in training;
- Do aerobics after strength training and / or on selected days, but leave 1-2 days a week for complete rest from exercise;
- Add cardio to the indicated levels gradually. This will maintain a little training stress that will allow your body to burn more calories.
- Your body gets used to stress, so strive to surpass yourself in every workout;
- The duration of the strength training should not exceed 60 minutes. After the first hour of training, its effectiveness decreases, concentration of attention worsens, and the risk of injury increases;
- Always check your exercise technique. Correct technique is much more important than weight on the bar and speed of movement.
By following these recommendations, you can get rid of those extra pounds in the form of subcutaneous fat and strengthen muscle mass.
Author: Aniri G. (specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.