Table of contents:
Video: Child Computer Addiction
Child computer addiction
Without a doubt, one can name a lot of advantages that the opening of the computer and the global Internet network brought: with its help you can find any information, keep abreast of the latest news, it is possible to communicate with friends and comrades on social networks, play a variety of video games.
But the latter just brought a lot of suffering to the parents of children-gambling addicts, became a huge problem for humanity. Every day more and more new patients with a diagnosis of gambling addiction get to see a psychologist.
Why is the computer so attractive to modern children?
Experts working in this direction have named several main reasons, including:
- In the world of the Internet, there are no laws and regulations that must be adhered to. In online games, the child will not receive any injuries, which is considered an important advantage.
- "Voynushki" give the child the opportunity to throw out all the collected negative energy outward, no one will recognize this, and will not scold.
- Also, anyone can write anything about themselves: change the name, surname, age, appearance, etc. Nobody checks this on the network.
- The Internet is a completely different world, which is called "virtual", in other words - invented. The child himself chooses how to build his own parallel life in him, which he can change when he wants to, bring his ideas, show independence and children's fantasies.
- Games give children the opportunity to try themselves in a variety of roles, to feel like an adult, famous and irreplaceable person, all attention belongs only to him.
If it was possible to return time back, the parents of most adolescents would hardly say thank you to the scientist who made this great discovery, and would gladly return it back. But why are they so afraid of these toys, most of which develop memory, thinking, logic, competitive spirit, broaden their horizons? A lot of scientific work has been done in this direction.
Psychologists believe that all the misunderstanding lies in the fact that:
Parents are tired of repeating that the computer has a bad effect on vision. Although, they argue that you just need to take a break, control the lighting, and there will be no harm.
- Dads and mothers cannot understand their children because they played completely different games that took place in the fresh air, therefore they had a positive effect on health, including physical activity.
- The global network will not be harmful if filters are installed on sites with negative information and on those that are intended exclusively for persons who have reached the age of 18.
- There are many games that are prototypes, for example "war games" are pillow games, "shooting games" are games with slingshots and pistols. Previously, these games also allowed children to throw out all the negative emotions and aggression.
A large number of psychologists call the computer a drug of the XXI century, believe that it destroys the psyche of a child, causes psychological dependence, and can immediately name the main symptoms of an incipient addiction:
- The teenager stops communicating on any topic other than computer games.
- The child stops playing sports, abandons school, does not attend school circles, does not watch TV, rarely goes outside.
- He stops communicating with peers and relatives.
- The student becomes irritable, nervous, constantly throwing tantrums if parents try to restrict access to the Internet or even ban it altogether.
To avoid computer addiction, parents need to know that it develops on the basis of many factors:
inadequate self-esteem of the child;
- transitional age;
- lack of communication and attention;
- conflicts in the family.
Dear parents, be attentive to your children, devote more time to them, and then the computer will be only an assistant (for example, in studies, in communication with distant friends), and the term "virtual world" will remain something unfamiliar and incomprehensible.
Author: Zhanna Sh. (Specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.
Family and Children
Popular by topic
On the first autumn day, almost all children go to the line-up on the day of knowledge with pleasure - first-graders are in the mood for a holiday, and older children miss their friends and teachers over the summer. Why is it that very soon some students are looking for more and more inventive tricks to avoid going to school? What drives our children - ordinary laziness, sheer slovenliness, lack of understanding of the importance of the learning process for later life, or other reasons?
Every young mother asks herself the question "how to clean when there is a small child in the house?" Of course, cleanliness and order are not just important, but extremely necessary for the baby's health and safety. However, how to do everything - to look after the little one, and to create comfort and coziness in the home?
The eyes are not only a mirror of our soul, but also a very important organ that requires a careful attitude towards itself. Almost everyone is connected with working on a computer in one way or another, so even those who have one hundred percent vision, it will not be superfluous to learn how to protect and protect their eyes. We'll talk about choosing glasses for working on a computer in the article
Physical education is important for a child's good health and development. Parents try to accustom their children to sports from an early age - they send them to the sports section or force them to do physical education. It is not necessary to force the child, it must be properly motivated. Then training will take place in pleasure, sports results will please and cause parental pride. How to properly motivate children for sports, read the article
You cannot force a child to lose weight, but you can motivate