Articles

Table of contents:

Video: Xenical (orlistat)

Video: Xenical (orlistat)
Video: The Safety profile of Anti-Obesity Medication ( Orlistat ): Dr.Ravi Sankar MRCP(UK) CCT - GIM (UK) 2023, March
Xenical (orlistat)
Xenical (orlistat)
Anonim

Xenical (orlistat)

Xenical, unlike food supplements, is a completely official drug. Xenical's action is based on its ability to inhibit the action of a substance called lipase. Lipase is produced in humans in the pancreas and promotes the breakdown and absorption of fat that enters the gastrointestinal tract as part of the food eaten. As a result of taking Xenical, the eaten fat is absorbed 30% worse.

That is, 30% of the eaten fat is not broken down into its components, is not absorbed in the intestine, but passes through the gastrointestinal tract without delay and is excreted along with the feces.

Xenical's action is completely opposite to that of “fat burners with bromelain” (bromelain breaks down fats).

We emphasize once again - Xenical acts only on fats! Therefore, it should only be prescribed if a significant portion of your diet consists primarily of animal fats. Xenical has no effect on the absorption of carbohydrates (cakes, sweets, buns, beer, etc.) and the absorption of proteins.

Therefore, if animal fats do not make up a significant part of your diet, then taking Xenical is completely useless. There will be no effect.

Sometimes people who take Xenical write: “I decided to lose weight. Now I am taking Xenical and switched to plant foods. I lost 2 kg in a week."

So, in this case, Xenical has absolutely nothing to do with it. Losing weight was due to the transition to low-calorie food. And taking Xenical in this case is the same as simply flushing thousand-ruble pieces of paper down the toilet (Xenical packaging costs about a thousand rubles). Because, we repeat, Xenical only affects fat absorption.

However, this is not all. Let's say you really eat a lot of fat (which in itself shouldn't be, since if you give up Xenical, keeping your usual diet, you will very soon return your kilograms) and taking Xenical helps you lose weight.

In this case, the presence of a very large amount of fat in the feces causes the appearance of oily discharge from the anus, flatulence, diarrhea, fecal incontinence. Can you imagine what "fecal incontinence" means? An adult, respectable person is sitting at a meeting with the management and suddenly he has “fecal incontinence”. This is, to put it mildly, a psychological trauma for life.

But that's not all. There is such a procedure for cleansing the large intestine - hydrocolonotherapy ("bowel shower"). Water is injected into the rectum through a tube under low pressure (in one procedure from 12 to 15 liters), then this water is pumped out, carrying out the feces.

This procedure is usually performed by a qualified healthcare professional. So, specialists who conduct colon hydrotherapy note that patients who have previously taken Xenical stand out sharply from all others. They literally excrete chunks of fat along with the feces, and so large that even the excretory tube becomes clogged. By the way, that is why, often taking Xenical is prescribed simultaneously with hydrocolonotherapy. This is done in order to remove fat from the large intestine in time.

To summarize: Xenical does not allow 30% of fats from food to be absorbed, the remaining 70% is still absorbed. Xenical is recommended to be taken only after eating fatty foods. If your diet is low in animal fats, then taking Xenical is pointless. After taking Xenical, you will have to undergo a procedure for cleansing the intestines - hydrocolonotherapy.

Yes, and keep in mind, since Xenical has a number of contraindications, it can only be taken as prescribed by an endocrinologist.

Miracle pills: ate and lost weight?

Popular by topic

Editor'S Choice