Table of contents:
Video: Therapeutic Fasting. Part 2
Therapeutic fasting. Part 2
As mentioned earlier, fasting (or, in other words, unloading diet therapy - EAD) is recognized by official medicine as a method of effective treatment for various diseases. With a small number of contraindications, it improves the general condition, helps to normalize metabolic processes and the function of the cardiovascular system, normalizes the activity of the immune system, and is a powerful prophylactic agent.
To find out whether this method of losing weight is really harmless for you, we strongly recommend that you consult with your doctor before using it. In any case, you should be absolutely healthy when you start fasting. The list of contraindications varies depending on the authors of the fasting methods. In any case, only you are responsible for your health.
Therapeutic fasting is contraindicated for persons: those with a body weight deficit of more than 15% of the norm, tuberculosis, type I diabetes mellitus, malignant tumors, liver cirrhosis, renal failure, etc. It is also not recommended to carry out fasting with hypotension, heart rhythm disturbances, urolithiasis, cholelithiasis, fever, type II diabetes mellitus, pregnancy and lactation.
Before starting treatment with hunger, you need to study the existing methods well, compare them with your capabilities, define goals, and be aware of possible complications. Remember, each case requires an individual approach.
Standard complete fasting: this type eliminates the consumption of any food, without limiting the amount of water. Depending on the experience and goals of the starving person, the duration can be from 1 day to 40 days.
- Dry fasting: This involves avoiding food and water. The duration does not exceed 3-4 days. Recommended for experienced starving people, strictly under medical supervision.
- Combined fasting: the first few days of dry fasting, then - the usual one with water consumption. This method allows you to shorten the overall duration of fasting.
- Fractional fasting (G. A. Voitovich): several consecutive cycles of complete or combined fasting, usually 3. Each one lasts 17-20 days, between which restorative nutrition is carried out for the same period.
- Urine fasting (G. P. Malakhov, V. A. Erofeev): such fasting, according to the authors, is much more effective. Distinguish between urine and mixed fasting.
- Fasting according to Yu. S. Nikolaev: its main features are that the fasting period increases to 20-21 days, enemas, rosehip decoction are used, massage, water and physiotherapy are mandatory. This technique is designed for stationary conditions.
- Fasting according to P. Bragg: excludes the use of enemas. The use of water is allowed without restrictions. The author advises to carry out 1-day fasting once a week, weekly - once a quarter, three-week - once a year..
- Fasting according to G. Shelton: drinking is not limited, but excessive drinking of water is undesirable, one should not get carried away with water procedures, limit physical activity. The author is against enemas and laxatives. Fasting should be carried out before the onset of hunger, the period must be coordinated with the capabilities of your body.
So, we talked about the basic principles of fasting for medicinal purposes, identified 3 stages of prolonged fasting. You have learned what other types of this method of losing weight exist. Whose technique to choose is up to you.
Help yourself while fasting. Cleanse your intestines. This must be done to avoid intoxication, as well as an acute crisis. Surprisingly, only 3% of waste is excreted by the body through the intestines (7% in urine, 20% in sweat, the remaining 70% of waste we exhale).
There are different opinions about how to help yourself. Someone advises to do yourself daily cleansing enemas, someone - to take a laxative; some people prefer to add half a spoonful of honey or a spoonful of lemon juice to a glass of water, this drink helps the kidneys to cope with the increased work of removing waste. And be sure to be in a good mood!
If it seems to you that there are a lot of toxins in the body, if you have serious diseases, you can hardly endure daily hunger and doubt your abilities, then you will not have much of such help. It is better to fast in a specialized institution strictly under the supervision of a doctor.
Author: Zhanna Sh. (Specially for Calorizator.ru)
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.