Table of contents:
Video: Dietary Fiber And Its Role In Weight Loss
Dietary fiber and its role in weight loss
Reduces appetite, helps with constipation, heals the intestinal microflora - a good functionality for generally available inulin. However, you deprive yourself of all these benefits of its use. Want to know how?
Dietary fiber and their daily intake
Until 1980, dietary fiber (fiber) was called ballast substances. This is because they, in transit through the alimentary tract, were processed only by the intestinal microflora. Only by the end of the last century did scientists evaluate the contribution of this "ballast" to human health: their effect on metabolism and the ability to cleanse the body in case of intoxication
According to the WHO, an adult needs at least 25 g of fiber per day . The average Russian consumes only 6.6 grams of dietary fiber per day - this, as you can see, is only a third of the daily requirement. Together with the rest of the beneficial substances contained in dietary fiber, a person also lacks inulin.
The content of inulin and other dietary fiber in foods
Inulin is a special type of dietary fiber, a carbohydrate made up of fructose molecules arranged in a short chain. It should enter the body per day at least 8 g. It acts as a prebiotic, nourishes beneficial intestinal bacteria, improves calcium solubility and thereby helps the colon to more easily assimilate a mineral important for the body. Children's bones get stronger from it, and the bones of older people gain protection from osteoporosis.
Inulin is found in garlic, artichokes, Jerusalem artichoke tubers, elecampane, and burdock. And most of all it is in the root of chicory.
You can, of course, replace coffee with chicory, eat artichokes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even grow Jerusalem artichoke in the country. But, most likely, your body will still not receive the full daily dose of inulin, and will completely lose in the volume of other useful nutrients.
How to supplement the diet with inulin when it is lacking
It is best, in consultation with your healthcare professional, to supplement your diet with NUTRILITE ™ Inulin Fiber Blend. The contents of the sachet are added to juice, water, or ready meals. One serving contains the daily rate of inulin, which means:
In Flamm's study, 48 overweight people took 21 grams of inulin per day for three months and lost an average of one kilogram . The fact is that carbohydrates reduce levels of ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates hunger.
Solve chronic problems with bowel movements;
And in another study, 12 grams of inulin softened stools and increased toilet trips from 4 to 5 per week in 44 adults .
Regulate blood sugar levels.
Inulin promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria involved in carbohydrate metabolism. In a rodent study, inulin increases muscle sensitivity to insulin .
Useful. Affordable. And now - and the substance you know. Include inulin-rich foods and dietary fiber supplements * in your daily diet to make regular consumption a rule.
* They are not drugs, there are contraindications. Consult your doctor.
List of sources:
- Nutrition and Chronic Disease Prevention. / World Health Organization - 2003. - URL: https://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/publications/trs916/en/ (date of access 24.06.2020).
- Inulin and Oligofructose as Dietary Fiber: A Review of the Evidence - 2001. - URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11497328/ (date of access 2020-02-07).
- Effect of Consumption of Chicory Inulin on Bowel Function in Healthy Subjects With Constipation: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial - 20017. - URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27492975/ (date circulation 2020-02-07).
- Increase in Insulin Sensitivity by the Association of Chicoric Acid and Chlorogenic Acid Contained in a Natural Chicoric Acid Extract (NCRAE) of Chicory (Cichorium Intybus L.) for an Antidiabetic Effect - 2018. - URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov / 29325917 / (date of access 2020-02-07).
Affiliate material. Especially for Calorizator.ru
Copying of this article in whole or in part is prohibited.